Just like humans, cats can experience digestive problems that can lead to a lot of discomfort or a weakened immune system that can cause them to get sick more easily. At times, it can be heartbreaking to see a beloved furry family member suffering and not know how to help them.
In many of these instances, probiotics can be a great answer. They often come in forms that can be combined with your cat's food that will result in cures to problems with elimination, stomach discomfort, vomiting and even boost their immune system.
Read on to learn about 5 highly popular pet probiotic options.
Best Cat Probiotics Reviews
For those who don't mind a slightly higher cost, this probiotic supplement includes several types of probiotic bacteria in order to ensure your cat's health and well-being. It's made in the USA and offers a satisfaction guarantee to allow you to try it out at no risk.
When it comes to healthy bacteria, this stuff is action-packed. Each scoop contains over 5 million individual bacteria from a range of 20 different types. These are all made to bring your cat's body into balance so that they can feel more comfortable and healthy.
It's made in the USA and claims to contain no unnecessary substances like sugar, wheat, or GMOS. That way you can trust that your cat is only getting the good stuff.
- DON'T BE FOOLED - Other probiotics contain just one species and only a hundred million CFUs. But each serving of ours contains at least five billion CFUs of twenty different kinds of health-supporting probiotic bacteria -- that's fifty times the CFUs of the "name brand." (And then we give you four times as many servings!)
- NONE OF THE BAD STUFF - Don't fall for Chinese-made cat probiotics or products using sugar, grain maltodextrins or even "animal digest" (look it up) as their base. We spend more to bring you a product free of cheap fillers.
- 100% MADE IN USA - Our product is made in America in a GMP-certified facility. Don't take chances with cat probiotics that were made overseas.
- TWENTY SPECIES - Most of our competitors just slap a label on some random manufacturer's off the shelf, single-species product. But we custom-formulate our probiotic with twenty carefully selected species for maximum effectiveness. Then we manufacture it in small batches so it's fresh.
- THE BEST GUARANTEE - If within two weeks you don't experience what in your opinion is an extraordinary improvement in your cat's health, contact us for an immediate, polite & cheerful refund of every penny. (And you don't have to send back the unused portion.) You must be delighted or it's free.
What's to like about the Pet Ultimates Probiotics
Rather than spending a ton on testing and other more intense methods to find out what's wrong with your cat's stomach, this is a great way to try to resolve the problem at a lower cost. In some cases, it's even recommended by a vet when they can't find a specific reason for a cat's problems.
This particular brand is also manufactured through a small company that seeks to not only offer a great product, but also fantastic customer service.
What's not to like about the Pet Ultimates Probiotics
While probiotics are often worth trying out, they aren't always going to be the answer. In some cases, you may not even be able to get your cat to eat it. It's ultimately going to depend on each individual cat. Some won't even notice it in their food and you'll start to see improvements right away while others refuse to touch it.
Rarely, your cats may even have an averse reaction to the product, causing them to throw it up. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell without trying it.
2. Elite Pet Nutrition Probiotic Supplement
If you're looking for a lower cost option to help your cat, this is well worth checking out. Unlike some other options, it's made specifically for cats so that it will have what your cats need to improve their health. It contains no artificial or unnecessary fillers.
Probiotics can really do a lot for the overall health of your cat, and this brand is packed with four important kinds that can regulate what's going on in your cat's stomach. It's made without any GMOs, dairy, soy or other ingredients that aren't ideal for cats so that it only works in positive ways.
While it may not have the twenty different kinds of probiotics seen in other brands, this product is made up of those that are seen to be the most effective in helping your feline friend.
- IMPROVE YOUR CAT'S DIGESTIVE HEALTH- Prevents pathogenic invasion, prevents and treats diarrhea, alleviates pain, treats loose stool, upset stomach, yeast infection, constipation, gas, bad breath, bloating, malabsorption, vomiting. Supports and restores gut health
- MANUFACTURED SAFE & EASY TO USE- You can confidently give your cat this supplement knowing that it has been safely manufactured and MADE IN THE USA. Elite Cat Probiotics is made in an approved Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility. Our products are tested to ensure safety and effectiveness. Our Probiotics come in an easy to use powder that can be added to water or food, eliminating choking.
- FORMULATED SPECIFICALLY FOR CATS- These cat probiotics are important for the health of your cat, 100% All Natural, gluten free, GMO free, no dairy, and no soy. Don't be fooled by other brands that are broadly produced just for pets in general. If your cat has stomach related issues then Elite Cat Probiotics will help.
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED- Our development research is spent in providing the most effective probiotic on the market today. You are receiving premium quality probiotics with proven ingredients based on the latest science. Stimulates continuous growth of healthy digestive bacteria and flora.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED- At Elite Pet Nutrition, our mission is to manufacture only the highest quality, premium pet products for your beloved pet. Treat digestive upsets, and maintain healthy balanced levels of digestive bacteria. Improve immune system and performance. Click the add to cart button to "Buy Now".
What's to like about the Elite Pet Nutrition Probiotic Supplement
This can be a fantastic, inexpensive way to help older cats feel a little bit younger and healthier. It can also help those who have stomach problems that aren't caused by something that can be eliminated, such as irritable bowel syndrome.
Most cats won't even notice it mixed in with their food, making it very easy to get your cat to ingest. In no time at all you're likely to be able to see a marked improvement in your pet.
What's not to like about the Elite Pet Nutrition Probiotic Supplement
There are some instances where customers see no difference in the way their cat behaves. It's not a common issue but it's a possibility. On more rare occasions, cats may throw up after eating it. This can be due to them not being used to the probiotics or a problem with the brand itself.
While most have no problem, some cats will notice this substance on their food and refuse to consume it altogether, which can cause annoyances with the money spent on the product as well as wasted food.
3. Doggone Best Cat Probiotics
These probiotics have a lot to offer at a middle-of-the-road cost. It comes in a powder form which makes it easy to add to your pet's food without them even knowing. It also comes with a money back guarantee to ensure you get the value you pay for.
What's to like about the Doggone Best Cat Probiotics
This probiotic powder is made in the USA in small batches so that the manufacturer can really focus on the quality of each batch. It's also free from any substances that may prove to not be helpful, such as wheat, soy or GMOs. Due to the tasteless, odorless form most cats won't even realize it's become a part of their food.
With just one small scoop regularly, you can use this to help your cats with a number of problems from bad breath to vomiting and elimination issues. It's a lower cost way to help improve your pet's health.
- GETS THE JOB DONE - Treat your cat's diarrhea, constipation, gas, vomiting & bad breath with one simple scoop of powder. It has shown to even help with excessive shedding and itching - it delivers!
- A FRESH APPROACH - Our probiotic is free of any fillers, by-products, artificial flavoring, soy or wheat. Simply live, active cultures to help your cat's digestive system function properly. 1 billion CFU per scoop.
- TASTELESS AND ODORLESS - Simply add our probiotic to your cat's wet or dry food. Your cat won't even know its there. Our powder is fine and clings to dry food with ease, making it virtually undetectable.
- MADE IN THE USA - We carefully craft our probiotic in small batches right here in the USA in a GMP-complaint facility that follows and adheres to strict FDA guidelines. Buy with confidence knowing you are giving your cat the very best in digestive health.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We always offer a 60-day no-questions-asked refund guarantee on all of our products. We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. Also, be sure to check out our latest deals and offers below under "Special Offers and Product Promotions"
What's to like about the Doggone Best Cat Probiotics
The lower cost makes it fantastic as an addition to your cat's regular meals that can really improve their overall health. It can ease the aches and pains suffered by older cats and help those of any age with immunity issues, hot spots and general digestive problems.
This product also comes with a wonderful 60 day guarantee so that if you find your cat does have a negative reaction or just no improvement at all then you can easily get your money back.
What's not to like about the Doggone Best Cat Probiotics
With all probiotics, there's always the risk that your cat may react negatively to it. That might mean that they simply don't want to eat it, or they may throw up after consuming it. Each cat is going to have a different response to this addition, but luckily most appear to have positive results and don't even notice it in their food.
It is also possible that there may be no changes at all in your cat's behaviors.
For an added information about the effects and advantages of pet probiotics, below is a short video:
This mid-price product contains six different strands of probiotics in order to help your pet to feel their best. It relieves digestion problems as well as helpful antioxidants such as flax seed and chia seed, which can help problems like pain and inflammation.
For pets that struggle with stomach pain, gas and bloating as well as elimination problems can gain a lot from this product. It's designed to provide balance to your pet's stomach as well as improve their immune system and overall health.
Made in the USA, you can trust that this product contains only what it is supposed to. It's inspected by the FDA to ensure it's top quality, giving your pet the very best that they deserve.
- RELIEVES A RUMBLY BELLY: In- It Pets Probiotic for dogs and cats works fast to help gas, bloating, diarrhea, bad breath, allergies, vomiting, hairballs, and skin and fur issues. Probiotics Plus includes 6 strains of the best probiotics for dogs and cats in high concentrations to restore your pet's digestive health
- 3 IN 1 COMBINATION FORMULA ELIMINATES PAIN AND INFLAMMATION FOR HAPPY PETS: Our pet probiotics contains a super antioxidant, Maqui Berry- along with Flax seed and Chia seed Omega 3, 6, 9's to relieve inflammation and pain. We are the only product that offers this unique combination- why pay more for separate supplements?
- BOOSTS IMMUNE SYSTEM FOR A HEALTHIER, LONGER LIFE: Our formula includes pure inulin (prebiotic) and a base of organic calcium carbonate. Prebiotics nourish the "good guy" bacteria to improve immune function and support calcium and magnesium absorption for stronger bones.
- SAFE, TASTELESS, ALL NATURAL, GLUTEN FREE, NON-GMO, NO SOY, NO FILLERS, NO CORN, NO WHEAT, NO SUGAR OR SALT: Powder is easy to dispense. No more shoving pills down your pet's throat or finding chews that haven't been eaten. There are no ingredients from China and no maltodextrin.
- MADE IN THE USA AT OUR FDA INSPECTED FACILITY WITH A 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We are proud to manufacture our probiotics for cats and dogs using GMP certified practices. We want only the best for your beloved pets. At In-It Pets we stand by our product with a NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
What's to like about the In-It Pets All Natural Probiotics
For some pets it can be difficult to find a product that they'll be willing to consume. This product is proven to work for pets who reject other brands of probiotics. It can also help in a lot of ways at a lower cost. Things like inflammation, digestive problems and general physical discomfort will be a thing of the past for your cat once they try this brand of probiotics.
What's not to like about the In-It Pets All Natural Probiotics
Customers have found that this product can be very messy to prepare for their pet, which can sometimes cause an annoyance to customers. There are also some pets who respond negatively to it, through either having worse digestive problems or throwing up the substance altogether.
For a budget-friendly price, you'll get a great product made with probiotics that work well to help your cat feel their best. It's especially fantastic for helping their digestion to leave them feeling younger and more playful.
These probiotics are in powder form, which allows it to be mixed into foods more easily than other options. It also contains less than 6 strains, which the brand claims will allow for the ideal absorption ability. Odorless and tasteless, many pets don't even notice the probiotics have been added to their food and can end up feeling better in as little as a week. The concept of this brand includes the idea that too many strains can wind up competing, therefore becoming less effective.
- DRY POWDERS ARE MORE STABLE THAN LIQUIDS AND CHEWS - and will deliver more benefit to your pet's GI tract as they contain healthy bacteria in their inactive state. The process of including probiotics in chews or treats often kills the living organisms and destroys the viability of the supplement.
- OPTIMIZES DIGESTIVE HEALTH - Our proven advanced formula DELIVERS RESULTS! It relieves dog and cat diarrhea, loose stools, gas, irritable bowels & nausea as well as helps to improve & support overall digestion.
- CHOOSE A PROBIOTIC WITH LESS THAN 6 STRAINS - Each strain competes for absorption and colonization in the gut. "Extra" strains will dilute the valuable strains and can render the valuable strains less effective. Our pet probiotic contains 5 vital pet-specific strains to strengthen & boost your pet's immune system.
- CONTAINS PREBIOTIC INULIN - to enhance the activity of natural probiotics and give the healthy bacteria "food" to eat so they attach and multiply in the gut, fortifying the immune system.
- GUARANTEED BEST PROBIOTIC - Our tasteless, odorless powder is pet-invisible, does not require refrigeration and is made in the USA. If you don't experience what you believe is an improvement in your pet's health, contact us for a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
What's to like about the iDash Pets Advance Probiotics
For older pets that are more prone to pain and bodily problems, this can really help your pet to feel younger and more energetic. It can also help with a large variety of different digestion issues. At the affordable price this product comes with, there's really no reason not to try it out. Especially since there is a 100% money back guarantee available to those who don't get the desired results. This can allow you to feel safe in knowing that you won't be forced to pay for a product that doesn't work for your pet.
What's not to like about the iDash Pets Advance Probiotics
It's important to watch your pet closely after they have consumed these probiotics for the first few times, just to make sure they are adjusting to it okay. Some pets may not react as well and experience problems like vomiting or general allergies to something in the substance. In those cases, you may want to check with your vet before continuing to feed it to them.
In order to get the most ideal probiotic formula for your pet, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. The first is the form they come in, as some may be easier to use than others. The second is in regard to the strains and CFU in that formula.
Key Feature 1: Form
Probiotic formulas can come in a few different forms including treats, liquid and powder. The kind that works best is largely going to depend on your cat's preferences. Some cats may have no trouble eating a probiotic treat while others may refuse it.Powders and liquids are typically designed to be mixed into your cat's regular food. Generally speaking, powder may be easier to add into foods than liquid. However you might have to try both or all three to find the option that your pet will have the least trouble consuming.
Key Feature 2: Strains and CFU
While many may think that more is better, a good formula should have around 6 strains. Too many can cause the strains to have to compete with one another, which can reduce how easily they absorb into your pet's gut. On the opposite hand, too few can mean that your pet isn't getting all the help they could receive from a few additional strains.Finding a formula with a decent balance will allow your pet to get the ideal absorption and benefit. The strains won't be competing, so all of them will be able to work together to keep your pet's health well-regulated.
Cat Probiotic F.A.Q.
What actually is a probiotic?
Probiotics are either live bacteria or products for fermentation that help to keep the digestive tract healthy. You may have learned at some point in your life that there are good and bad kinds of bacteria. While bad kinds can make you sick, good kinds can improve your health overall.When these bacteria are out of balance in your cat's body, it can increase problems with irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, constipation, bloating and general discomfort. Probiotics are used to help return the natural balance so that your cat's digestive system can work at its best. Once the digestive system has improved, it can help to improve other issues as well.
How do I know if my cat needs probiotics?
The most obvious signs will be those you find in the litter box. If your cat is having problems with elimination, leaves a highly foul smell behind or is generally sluggish these can be a few signs that their system isn't balanced. Sometimes, things like skin problems and urinary tract infections can suggest they may need help as well.
If you think your cat might not be in their ideal health but aren't sure if a probiotic is the answer then it can help to contact or have a visit with your vet. They should be able to tell you whether a probiotic is a good idea or suggest another treatment.
When should I start giving my cat a probiotic?
Many people may not notice that their pet needs a probiotic until later into their life, but it can be a good idea to get them started early. Providing a probiotic to a kitten can help their growing digestion system by allowing it to grow plenty of healthy bacteria. This can help them to avoid problems as they grow up.Overall, at any point in your cat's life you'll be able to add a probiotic into their system. While you may not see many changes if your cat isn't suffering from any obvious digestion problems, it can help to avoid any future problems that may otherwise develop as they grow older. Ultimately, it's going to be up to you when you decide to start including probiotics in your pet's food.
Will I need a prescription for probiotics?
Probiotics can be purchased over the counter at your vet or online, making them highly convenient to get. That said, it is a good idea to at least discuss your interest in probiotics with your vet to make sure there won't be any problems. Only they are going to know your pet's health well enough to be able to tell whether or not probiotics are a good idea. With their approval, you can feel free to try out this low cost option as a means to help your pets feel their best.
What are the risks?
While it's highly unlikely that your pet will experience any serious issues after consuming probiotics, they aren't guaranteed to have no unpleasant reactions at all. Generally speaking, the industry in charge or keeping an eye on probiotic creation is only regulated very loosely so it's wise to take a look at the ingredients in any brand you choose.On the most minimal level, your cat may simply refuse to consume it or the food that has come into contact with the probiotic. In other circumstances, you may find that your cat's digestion issues have worsened or they may throw up after consuming it. If you notice any of these effects, it's best to stop use until you've had a chance to talk to your vet.
Overall, probiotics can be a great way to assist in keeping your pet in their best health. There are a number of brands and forms out there for you to try out in order to find the best one for your pet. Keep in mind as you try these that your pet may not be interested in consuming the probiotic substance.
Luckily, many brands do offer a satisfaction guarantee so that you can feel safe in trying them out. Just make sure to discuss it with your vet and make sure you look closely at the ingredients in the option you choose. That way, you can ensure the safety of your pet.